- THIS MONTH’S WINNING TITLEDeicide Roadrunner Years 9LP Box (D2C color vinyl RED edition)Pre-order now before it's gone forever.2022 08 26
CHOOSE THE NEXT RELEASE
You will be notified via email if your title wins a coveted pre-order slot. Polls close end of day on 4/10.
- /sites/g/files/g2000014546/files/2022-06/Kiko%20Cover%20Art.jpgKiko Deluxe EditionLos LobosQUICK VIEW/sites/g/files/g2000014546/files/2022-06/Kiko%20Cover%20Art.jpgKiko Deluxe Edition Los LobosWant us to release this album? Then vote now!Place your vote by entering your email address below. If this title receives enough votes, we will press it and let you know when it becomes availble to order.Kiko Deluxe EditionAlbum Details
- 30th anniversary of this classic album this year.
- Only 1 pressing in North America previously available - out of print
- Would be expanded to include previously unreleased outtakes
- Standard tracks would be split over 2LPs for better fidelity with the best possible master source used to cut lacquers.
- Would be limited and individually numbered.
Los Lobos, which is Spanish for “The Wolves,” is an American rock band from East Los Angeles, CA. Their music is influenced by rock n’ roll, Tex-Mex, folk, country, zydeco, R&B, blues, soul and traditional music such as cumbia, boleros and norteños. The band rose to fame in 1987, when their version of Ritchie Valens’ “La Bamba” topped the charts in the U.S. and U.K. and several other countries. Vocalist and guitarist David Hidalgo and drummer Louie Pérez met at Garfield High School in East LA and bonded over their mutual admiration for bands such as Ry Cooder, Randy Newman and Fairport Convention. They enlisted fellow students Frank González, Cesar Rosas and Conrad Lozano to complete the group's lineup, in 1973 Their first album, Los Lobos del Este de Los Angeles was recorded at two studios in Hollywood in 1977. The band members were unsatisfied with playing only American Top 40 songs and experimented with traditional Mexican music. This style received a positive reaction from audiences, leading the band to switch genres and perform at hundreds of weddings and dances between 1974 and 1980. Their first noteworthy public appearance was in 1980 at the Olympic Auditorium in LA when they opened for Public Image Limited. In 1983 they released an EP, “And A Time To Dance,” which garnered interest from Slash/Warner Brothers Records. The label was not confident enough in the band to release a 10-track full length, so the band issued a 7 song LP. 7 months after the release the group won a Grammy for Best Mexican American song in 1984 and sales helped them buy a van and do additional touring. In the summer of ’84 they issued their first major label album, “How Will The Wolf Survive?” The band was exposed to Rock N Roll audiences when they opened for The Clash and later for the LA band the Blasters, with influences in rhythm and blues and rockabilly. The film Colors includes “One Time, One Night” in the opening credits but not on the soundtrack. In 1987 they released their second album, “By The Light Of the Moon” and in the same year recorded Ritchie Valens covers for the film La Bamba, including the title track which became a number one hits as well as “Come On Let’s Go” and “Donna” which also charted. In 1988 they followed with another album “ La pistola y el corazón” featuring original and traditional Mexican songs and although it failed to chart, it earned the band their 2nd Grammy for Best Mexican American Album in 1990. In the late 1980s and early 1990s, the band toured extensively throughout the world, opening for acts such as Bob Dylan, U2 and the Grateful Dead. “Kiko” is their sixth album. With the exception of “La Bamba’s 2 million units sold, “Kiko” sold more full-length units than any other album in their 46 year career of original songs. Songs by Los Lobos have been recorded by Elvis Costello, Waylon Jennings, and Robert Plant. In 2015 they were nominated for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame. In 2018 they were inducted into the Austin City Limits Hall Of Fame. In 2011 they were awarded the Latin Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award. In 2013 they toured Europe supporting Neil Young and Crazy Horse. In 2021 they released their 18th album, “Native Sons” which helped win them their fourth Grammy Award for Best Americana album in 2022.
- /sites/g/files/g2000014546/files/2022-05/Hatebreed_Supremacy_3224654%20%281%29.jpgSupremacyHatebreedQUICK VIEW/sites/g/files/g2000014546/files/2022-05/Hatebreed_Supremacy_3224654%20%281%29.jpgSupremacy HatebreedWant us to release this album? Then vote now!Place your vote by entering your email address below. If this title receives enough votes, we will press it and let you know when it becomes availble to order.SupremacyAlbum Details
- Would be the first North American release on vinyl
- Pressed only once back in 2006.
- Would be pressed on color vinyl, include an exclusive poster and be individually numbered/limited to a one time pressing
Hatebreed is an American metalcore band from Bridgeport, CT, formed in 1994. The band released its debut album, Satisfaction Is The Death Of Desire in 1997, which gave them a cult following. The band began recording a three-song demo and selling it to locals in 1994. Those three songs would eventually be released on a split 7” single with New York’s Neglect in 1995. They followed that with the highly acclaimed EP, “Under The Knife” scheduled to come out on Big Wheel Recreation in 1995, but then was self-released in 1996. They went out on tour around the east coast/Midwest supporting UKHC band Voorhees. The following year they released Satisfaction Is The Death Of Desire on Victory records, then home of some of the biggest bands in hardcore. The album sold more copies than any other debut in the history of the record company. Tours with bands such as Slayer, Deftones, Entombed and Napalm Death influenced their music and brought them to the attention of many non-hard-core fans. These influences were apparent on the band’s next two releases, 2002’s Perseverance and 2003’s The Rise Of Brutality. After the release of Rise Of Brutality, the band took part in the 2004 Unholy Alliance tour in Europe with Slayer, Slipknot and Mastadon. In June 2006, the band went on an extensive European tour which included a performance at the Download Festival in the U.K. Immediately following this tour, they played the main stage at Ozzfest 2006 alongside Dragonforce, Lacuna Coil, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed and co-headliners System Of A Down. The band’s fourth album, “Supremacy” was released in August 2006, their first and only release on Roadrunner Records, featuring new guitarist Frank Novinec. It peaked at No. 31 on the Billboard 200 chart and No. 9 on the UK Rock & Metal Albums Chart. The track “To The Threshold” appeared on the album, MTV2 Headbangers Ball: The Revenge. Frontman Jamey Jasta contends that the main them of Supremacy is overcoming “feelings of depression, guilt, sadness, anxiety and alienation. “I wanted to show that there is hope, and you have to start with yourself.” “You can’t help other people if you can’t help yourself.” In 2004 it was announced that the band was nominated for a Grammy Awared for Best Metal Performance at the 47th Grammy Awards for their song “Live For This,” which was on the album Rise Of Brutality. The awared was ultimately given to Motorhead for their cover of Metallica’s song, “Whiplash.” Combining hardcore with heavy metal, Hatebreed’s style has been described as metalcore, hardcore punk and beatdown hardcore. They are considered important to the development of metalcore, blending influences from hardcore and punk rock, as well as heavy metal subgenres such as thrash metal and groove metal alongside other bands in the 1990s such as Earth Crisis, All Out War and Integrity and Converge. Band influences are: Agnostic Front, Carcass, Entombed, Killing Time, Obituary, Sepultura, Sheer Terror and Slayer.
- /sites/g/files/g2000014546/files/2022-05/Madball_Set_It_Off_3226143.jpgSet It OffMadballQUICK VIEW/sites/g/files/g2000014546/files/2022-05/Madball_Set_It_Off_3226143.jpgSet It Off MadballWant us to release this album? Then vote now!Place your vote by entering your email address below. If this title receives enough votes, we will press it and let you know when it becomes availble to order.Set It OffAlbum Details
- Would be the first North American press on vinyl
- Would be expanded to include bonus tracks
- Would be pressed on color vinyl, include an exclusive poster and be individually numbered to a one time pressing
Madball is an American New York hardcore band that originated in the late 1980s as a side project of the band Agnostic Front. The band developed after Agnostic Front’s front man, Roger Miret would let his half brother Freddy Cricien take the mic and perform lead vocals during Agnostic Front shows. Madball consisted of AF’s vocalist Roger Miret on bass, Vinnie Stigma on guitar, Will Shepler on drums and then 12-year-old vocalist Freddy Cricien, Roger’s younger half-brother. Madball’s first shows consisted of previously unused Agnostic Front songs. Their first release was the Ball of Destruction EP in 1989. After years of playing shows in the NY area, a second guitarist, Matt Henderson, joined. At that point they had recorded and released the EP, “Droppin’ Many Suckers” for Wreck-Age Records. A year later Roger Miret left and was replaced by bass player Jorge “Hoya Rock” Guerra. The new incarnation of the band was signed by Roadrunner Records in 1994 and released a pair of full lengths; Set It Off in 1994 and Demonstration My Style in 1996. Touring steadily, the band built a sizeable fan base outside their hometown. 1995 saw the band participating in the N.Y.H.C. documentary and extensive interviews were conducted with Freddy as well as a performance on July 28, 1995 at the now-defunct Coney Island High. Along with bands Agnostic Front, Vietnom, Bulldoze, Resistance, H2O and Teamz, they comprise a part of New York’s DMS crew. Cricien and Hoya are also in the band Hazen Street, along with members of H2O and Cro-Mags.
- THE ORIGIN OF THE FECES (NOT LIVE A BRIGHTON BEACH) 30TH ANNIVERSARY EDITIONType O Negative
- “Core” 30th Anniversary Deluxe 4LP BoxStone Temple Pilots
- Roots 25th Anniversary 5LP Box (D2C color version)Sepultura